The US Department of Energy used its massive budget to push supercomputers to gigaflops, teraflops, and petaflops in the prior three decades and it is being tasked to put the pedal to the exaflops metal before the end of this decade. To get there, the DOE has to fund primary research at IT vendors who might otherwise not get …
and the answer is....
I'm all for appropriate research
I am concerned however that the DOE is forking out a lot of money with little clue. The DOE hasn't had any reasonable or legitimate energy policy in 50 years so to just throw tax payer money around like a drunk elected official is unwise.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests