Sharp has agreed to fork out $198.5m to make the TFT monitor price-fixing lawsuits go away. The Japanese firm announced it had settled with Dell and two unnamed companies out of court, and will slap the nine-figure payout into its next quarterly report as "extraordinary expenses". It is understood the legal action was launched …
"Sharp said it didn't know how its profits will be affected by the settlement"
Yeah well I guess that would depend on how the lawsuit would have turned out.
"which ended with a jury awarding $87m in damages to consumers and manufacturers"
Where's my share then...?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs