Sharp has agreed to fork out $198.5m to make the TFT monitor price-fixing lawsuits go away. The Japanese firm announced it had settled with Dell and two unnamed companies out of court, and will slap the nine-figure payout into its next quarterly report as "extraordinary expenses". It is understood the legal action was launched …
"Sharp said it didn't know how its profits will be affected by the settlement"
Yeah well I guess that would depend on how the lawsuit would have turned out.
"which ended with a jury awarding $87m in damages to consumers and manufacturers"
Where's my share then...?
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO