Sharp has agreed to fork out $198.5m to make the TFT monitor price-fixing lawsuits go away. The Japanese firm announced it had settled with Dell and two unnamed companies out of court, and will slap the nine-figure payout into its next quarterly report as "extraordinary expenses". It is understood the legal action was launched …
"Sharp said it didn't know how its profits will be affected by the settlement"
Yeah well I guess that would depend on how the lawsuit would have turned out.
"which ended with a jury awarding $87m in damages to consumers and manufacturers"
Where's my share then...?
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...