Sharp has agreed to fork out $198.5m to make the TFT monitor price-fixing lawsuits go away. The Japanese firm announced it had settled with Dell and two unnamed companies out of court, and will slap the nine-figure payout into its next quarterly report as "extraordinary expenses". It is understood the legal action was launched …
"Sharp said it didn't know how its profits will be affected by the settlement"
Yeah well I guess that would depend on how the lawsuit would have turned out.
"which ended with a jury awarding $87m in damages to consumers and manufacturers"
Where's my share then...?
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support