back to article Quantum just can't seal the deals, slides deeper into red

Storage purveyor Quantum has blamed a weak Europe, and a failure to close large deals, for an estimated $19m loss in its quarter ended June 30. In a warning to Wall Street about the bad news, Quantum said it expects to bank revenues of $141m in Q1 of fiscal 2013, the lowest the company has taken for more than two years, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dodged that bullet

ROTFLMAO.

I interviewed there about two or so years ago. Architect was a knob who only wanted to talk about about his vacation. Senior dev guy argued with me about the diff between the implementation of FreeBSD's and Linux system calls, which I know reasonably well. They rented a car for me to get from the airport to the hotel to the office and back, but couldn't keep track of that fact and challenged the charge to the rental company; nine months later I"m getting calls from the car rental company asking for info to substantiate the charge. WTF?

I had (and still have) a job, I only went because I was curious–– Failure to close large deals sounds like just one of many problems they have. Interviewing at VMware was a bit better, but not by much.

2. ben_myers

Is Quantum still in the league?

After Leo Durocher, manager of the NY Giants baseball team many years ago: "Is Brooklyn still in the league?" I had no idea Quantum was still in business.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like