Emulex is paying Broadcom $58m to partially settle patent infringement claims. Broadcom makes (among many, many things) Ethernet gear and attempted to sue Emulex for infringing 10 of its its patents in 2009. The 2009 suit came just months after Emulex rejected a second takeover bid from Broadcom. With this settlement, three of …
Place your bets
After the broadcom case is over and emulex is broke, who else thinks there'll be another takeover bid.
On the behalf of the Emulex board who wanted to maintain their big bonuses/CEO status rather than be bought by Broadcom.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire