Emulex is paying Broadcom $58m to partially settle patent infringement claims. Broadcom makes (among many, many things) Ethernet gear and attempted to sue Emulex for infringing 10 of its its patents in 2009. The 2009 suit came just months after Emulex rejected a second takeover bid from Broadcom. With this settlement, three of …
Place your bets
After the broadcom case is over and emulex is broke, who else thinks there'll be another takeover bid.
On the behalf of the Emulex board who wanted to maintain their big bonuses/CEO status rather than be bought by Broadcom.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers