Feeds

back to article Microsoft quietly bangs Bing's big bucks drum

Microsoft has created an angel investment fund for startups using its Bing.com search and ads platform. The Bing Fund is described in a Microsoft job posting for a creative director as “a small team working with start-ups and accelerators to bring a wave of innovation to OSD”. OSD is Microsoft’s Online Services Division. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Headline for when it goes titsup?

Bing bung bang.

Anonymous Coward

Advice to startups :-

Run away quickly.

Incidentally, Bing isn't the weakest performing area of the Redmond empire; that would be Nokia.

Anonymous Coward

The problem with Bing...

When I use a search engine, I expect it to find the things I am searching for and present them in a reasonable ranking order.

Bing doesn't.

Bing presents me with a smattering of relevant bits larded with a load of irrelevance, all presented in a confusing and irritating heap.

True, it's not as bad as when it started but still: 3.5/10 - must try harder.

Big Brother

What Bing needs

is a pole-dancer startup. Badabing !...

Henri

MS solution to everything - throw money, especially when they're late to the party. Quite amusing for the onlookers.

Unhappy

Bing-- What good is it?

I found "Bing Bar installed on my XP machine and didn't realize it was installed with the Windows update, so I attempted to remove it. It destroyed my copy of Windows XP ans I had to reformat. It's back, and it's still on my Windows explorer top menu bars. I'm switching to Konqueror. You know what that means... Good bye Windows hello OpenSuSe 12.1. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it Microsoft!

This topic is closed for new posts.