June was not a particularly fun month for data-integration software specialist Informatica, which has just put out preliminary financial figures for its second quarter ended last week. Those numbers show that companies in the EMEA slammed on the spending brakes, and that American companies with a presence in Europe or which were …
Has nothing to do with the competition, just with the economy, eh?
Hmm, maybe costs are a factor even in BI, and commercial open source alternatives might be finally start to eat Informaticas lunch. Pentaho, Talend, anyone?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops