June was not a particularly fun month for data-integration software specialist Informatica, which has just put out preliminary financial figures for its second quarter ended last week. Those numbers show that companies in the EMEA slammed on the spending brakes, and that American companies with a presence in Europe or which were …
Has nothing to do with the competition, just with the economy, eh?
Hmm, maybe costs are a factor even in BI, and commercial open source alternatives might be finally start to eat Informaticas lunch. Pentaho, Talend, anyone?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity