Offshore tax haven Guernsey briefly rebranded itself as the metropolitan area of "Borchester" in a cock-up with the island state's website. Anyone visiting gov.gg to find out about the isle's services were surprised to find municipal information about the fictional town that features in twee BBC radio soap opera The Archers. …
Gritty and hard-hitting, I think you'll find...
So, the last time Guernsey was invaded...
it was rebranded as Boschchester?
I thought Borchester was a District Council, not a Borough Council.
And if it's a /Metropolitan/ Borough Council that would put it in the West Midlands (the met county, not the region).
We are the Borg. Lower your firewalls and surrender your servers.
Under the new Protect-Murdochs-Cable-Empire-Act this piracy of the name of their program allows them to invade Guernsey, take all it's money and have the entire population extradited to America
This could be a good alternative to the licence fee. The BBC would just need it's own crack military force - pity Arthur Lowe isn't still around
It's a model railway!
But then I do not do soaps
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network