FalconStor bribed banking executives with gambling, golf, stock and gifts to get $12.2m of business. That's what led to the founder's ousting, fines and a deferred prosecution agreement. The US Department of Justice says: One JPMorgan Chase executive received 25,000 FalconStor stock options and 40,000 restricted FalconStor …
Is this a surprise? There maybe many many bankers on the verge of being held at HM's pleasure.
Damn I forgot, the Governments all endorsed it, until it went wrong.
Now in the UK be have a Parlimentary investigation into the banks led by chancers, spivs and expenses cheats. Will we really get an honest answer?
On this side of the pond...
Hmm if I were a Libertarian, I'd say this was a perfectly legitimate function of the free enterprise system right?
Of course I'm not a Libertarian and I see things like this as perfect examples of why we actually have a (albietly poorly) regulated market.
I didn't know...
that FalconStor was owned by EMC :).
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?