A bunch more IT vendors have picked up shiny new Hybrid Memory Cube sledgehammers and are working with Micron Technology and Samsung Electronics to smash the memory barrier. Memory performance, density, and lower power consumption are all key to future servers and other exotic high performance computing clusters as well as for …
Starting to look like the chip in Terminator 2.
In this story to start Armageddon the Terminator only has to turn off his cooling fans and wait for his memory core to go thermonuclear.
It does like two different types nuclear fission reactor.
Oh, how I miss airbrushed cutaway diagrams in these days of glitzy CAD renderings.
i welcome all our super speedy underlings ready to do our bidding
so Timothy this so called " Hybrid cube memory " is also called wide IO (4x128 bit) http://www.electroiq.com/articles/ap/2012/01/jedec-publishes-wide-io-mobile-dram-standard.html
Wide IO 2 http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20120606201618_JEDEC_Considers_Wide_I_O_Wide_I_O_2_Interfaces_for_PCs_and_Servers.html
so its perhaps Hybrid cube memory all the way in late second half 2013 all the way, i welcome all our super speedy underlings ready to do our bidding fitted as standard in ALL OUR new mobile, Static, and large PC devices got to be better than that slow and power hungry DDR4 stuff their trying to push :)
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it