It looks like some customers are complaining a little about the pricing IBM's new PureSystems modular systems - and they want a little help to get the new iron and its systems and cloud management software up and running. In response, Big Blue has tweaked some prices on the Flex System iron underneath the PureSystems …
IBM always discounts, or gives away, chassis. The last few years they have provided up to two chassis per site at no cost during at the end of the year. Chassis are a loss leader to sell blades/nodes.
Sounds like they are getting more flexible
Everything we have seen from Oracle just gets more expensive :-)
I used to love IBM Blades..
But trying to find details and realistic prices from IBM systems is just to painful these days..
Re: I used to love IBM Blades..
Just ask a VAR to price them for you. The IBM H chassis had HP c-chassis on the run for a few years with its redundant IO, power to each blade, KVM, cooling, etc, but IBM was due for a technology refresh. This Flex chassis looks pretty solid. The real test will be on the PureApplication side. If it is as good as advertised, it will be pretty slick.
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them