Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, which runs the big and unclassified science projects for the US Department of Energy, is sticking with Cray for its next-generation supercomputer, tentatively called NERSC-7. That's short for National Energy Research Scientific Center, which is one of the largest basic science computational …
Nice to see them planning ahead ..
.. they clearly don't want to upgrade their hardware again when Windows 9 comes out..
Joking aside, I cannot help wondering how long this thing would take to rip the crypto off an SSL protected web session. I suspect there may be versions planned all painted in matt black for those other customers in need of computing power..
Re: Nice to see them planning ahead ..
Well they've got to fill this building with something: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/03/new_nsa_data_center/
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders