An FBI sting operation against an underground carding forum has resulted in 24 arrests. The Carder Profit forum had been run by undercover Feds for the last two years, yielding intelligence that resulted in arrests in eight countries. The sting - dubbed "Operation Card Shop" - began in June 2010 when the FBI itself set up the …
"....unless they paid a registration fee."
And subsequently obtained your credit card details.
Brian Krebs had an interesting postscript to this...
Which subsequently led to him tweeting..
"I love when I put up a story about a carding forum and suddenly see lots of referral traffic from other carding forums."
Carding macht frei
"the UGNazi black-shirt hacking crew"
Either black hats ain't enough anymore or that should be "brown shirt".
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars