It looks like someone – very likely Dell, if all the rumors are right – still wants to get its greedy mitts on the software bits being sold by Quest Software, a company that has collected a hodge-podge of tools aimed at data centers over the past decade, and that in March received a $2bn takeover offer from private equity firm …
You should stick to IT, you can't read a balance sheet. When you include Dell's liquid investments ie treasuries etc which can be liquidated within one day's notice then Dell actually has about $5bn of net cash and accumulates it at the rate of about $2bn per quarter. They just paid up for the recent acquisitions. Quest would cost them about 1 quarter's free cash flow....
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'