It looks like someone – very likely Dell, if all the rumors are right – still wants to get its greedy mitts on the software bits being sold by Quest Software, a company that has collected a hodge-podge of tools aimed at data centers over the past decade, and that in March received a $2bn takeover offer from private equity firm …
You should stick to IT, you can't read a balance sheet. When you include Dell's liquid investments ie treasuries etc which can be liquidated within one day's notice then Dell actually has about $5bn of net cash and accumulates it at the rate of about $2bn per quarter. They just paid up for the recent acquisitions. Quest would cost them about 1 quarter's free cash flow....
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why