It looks like someone – very likely Dell, if all the rumors are right – still wants to get its greedy mitts on the software bits being sold by Quest Software, a company that has collected a hodge-podge of tools aimed at data centers over the past decade, and that in March received a $2bn takeover offer from private equity firm …
You should stick to IT, you can't read a balance sheet. When you include Dell's liquid investments ie treasuries etc which can be liquidated within one day's notice then Dell actually has about $5bn of net cash and accumulates it at the rate of about $2bn per quarter. They just paid up for the recent acquisitions. Quest would cost them about 1 quarter's free cash flow....
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL