It looks like someone – very likely Dell, if all the rumors are right – still wants to get its greedy mitts on the software bits being sold by Quest Software, a company that has collected a hodge-podge of tools aimed at data centers over the past decade, and that in March received a $2bn takeover offer from private equity firm …
You should stick to IT, you can't read a balance sheet. When you include Dell's liquid investments ie treasuries etc which can be liquidated within one day's notice then Dell actually has about $5bn of net cash and accumulates it at the rate of about $2bn per quarter. They just paid up for the recent acquisitions. Quest would cost them about 1 quarter's free cash flow....
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low