It looks like someone – very likely Dell, if all the rumors are right – still wants to get its greedy mitts on the software bits being sold by Quest Software, a company that has collected a hodge-podge of tools aimed at data centers over the past decade, and that in March received a $2bn takeover offer from private equity firm …
You should stick to IT, you can't read a balance sheet. When you include Dell's liquid investments ie treasuries etc which can be liquidated within one day's notice then Dell actually has about $5bn of net cash and accumulates it at the rate of about $2bn per quarter. They just paid up for the recent acquisitions. Quest would cost them about 1 quarter's free cash flow....
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?