Accessory maker Belkin is taking on Slingbox. Its @TV, which is set to go on sale next month, pulls in content from set-top boxes and other media players and streams it out over the internet to a dedicated playback app. The compact box provides an Ethernet port for streaming, but it also incorporates Wi-Fi to allow mobile …
I've seen a few similar devices recently, but they all require a dedicated client app.
Is there any hope of some hardware which can stream directly to VLC without anything proprietary?
No HDMI. No built-in DVB tuners. Expensive phone app. Lame.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'