Accessory maker Belkin is taking on Slingbox. Its @TV, which is set to go on sale next month, pulls in content from set-top boxes and other media players and streams it out over the internet to a dedicated playback app. The compact box provides an Ethernet port for streaming, but it also incorporates Wi-Fi to allow mobile …
I've seen a few similar devices recently, but they all require a dedicated client app.
Is there any hope of some hardware which can stream directly to VLC without anything proprietary?
No HDMI. No built-in DVB tuners. Expensive phone app. Lame.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait