Accessory maker Belkin is taking on Slingbox. Its @TV, which is set to go on sale next month, pulls in content from set-top boxes and other media players and streams it out over the internet to a dedicated playback app. The compact box provides an Ethernet port for streaming, but it also incorporates Wi-Fi to allow mobile …
I've seen a few similar devices recently, but they all require a dedicated client app.
Is there any hope of some hardware which can stream directly to VLC without anything proprietary?
No HDMI. No built-in DVB tuners. Expensive phone app. Lame.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook