Accessory maker Belkin is taking on Slingbox. Its @TV, which is set to go on sale next month, pulls in content from set-top boxes and other media players and streams it out over the internet to a dedicated playback app. The compact box provides an Ethernet port for streaming, but it also incorporates Wi-Fi to allow mobile …
I've seen a few similar devices recently, but they all require a dedicated client app.
Is there any hope of some hardware which can stream directly to VLC without anything proprietary?
No HDMI. No built-in DVB tuners. Expensive phone app. Lame.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst