The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has confirmed that it will have new CEO to replace outgoing boss Rod Beckstrom, but not until October. The new recruit is Lebanese-born businessman Fadi Chehadé, who has spent time in senior management at IBM and was until recently the CEO of cloud vendor Vocado. …
ICANN not stomach this any longer.
ICANN is supposedly a non-profit organization.
ICANN allowed GoDaddy to become a Registrar.
ICANN not wait for Godzilla to find their headquarters
At the end of the day what can you really do but heft a pint?
"international multi-stakeholder model"
ICANN is basically the US equivalent of a QUANGO (though I dunno what you call em on the other side of the Atlantic). Bones are thrown to the rest of the world, but ultimately ICANN is well aware of who wears the trousers. Lets not pretend it is a neutral, international governer of the internet.
Chehade used to work with Atallah.
Is just one of those coincidences or is ICANN all about who you know, not what ?
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?