The NuStar X-ray telescope mission has taken a key step towards going live, successfully deploying its 10-meter mast, according to NASA. The mast, separates the telescope’s mirrors from its detectors, was folded for the lift into space. It took just 26 minutes for the scope’s 56 cube-shaped units to be inched outwards by a motor …
10 meters in 26 minutes is roughly a quarter of an inch per second of erection velocity...
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats
- Mozilla fixes CRITICAL security holes in Firefox, urges v31 upgrade