If you want to try to choke a PCI-Express 3.0 peripheral slot, you have to bring a fire hose. And that is precisely what InfiniBand and Ethernet switch and adapter card maker Mellanox Technology has done with a new Connect-IB server adapter. Mellanox was on hand at the International Super Computing event in Hamburg, Germany this …
IB is the shizzle
These guys ain't playin. If your data absolutely, positively has to arrive as fast as possible - go Infiniband or go home. The latencies are obscene.
Direct PCIe is close, but it doesn't scale and the range on direct PCIe v3 is only about one meter once they get it to work at all.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks