If you want to try to choke a PCI-Express 3.0 peripheral slot, you have to bring a fire hose. And that is precisely what InfiniBand and Ethernet switch and adapter card maker Mellanox Technology has done with a new Connect-IB server adapter. Mellanox was on hand at the International Super Computing event in Hamburg, Germany this …
IB is the shizzle
These guys ain't playin. If your data absolutely, positively has to arrive as fast as possible - go Infiniband or go home. The latencies are obscene.
Direct PCIe is close, but it doesn't scale and the range on direct PCIe v3 is only about one meter once they get it to work at all.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR