If you want to try to choke a PCI-Express 3.0 peripheral slot, you have to bring a fire hose. And that is precisely what InfiniBand and Ethernet switch and adapter card maker Mellanox Technology has done with a new Connect-IB server adapter. Mellanox was on hand at the International Super Computing event in Hamburg, Germany this …
IB is the shizzle
These guys ain't playin. If your data absolutely, positively has to arrive as fast as possible - go Infiniband or go home. The latencies are obscene.
Direct PCIe is close, but it doesn't scale and the range on direct PCIe v3 is only about one meter once they get it to work at all.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean