HP has refreshed its server lineup with the myriad Xeon E5 processors in its ProLiant Gen8 machines, so small and medium businesses now have lots of options from which to choose. But these days, SMBs are not just interested in buying raw iron. Sometimes they want to plunk in a new stack, appliance style, that solves a specific …
Can somebody answer me this, is 1 CPU really enough to power 50 Virtual Desktops?
If so, I have a "spare" server with 64Gb of RAM and 2x16 Core Opterons (32 Cores).. What numbers would I get from this? (If I beefed up the memory to 128Gb or 192Gb..
Well it does depend on what the desktops are doing, bu generally no 1 CPU is not enough for 50 desktops.
Also VDI is a pretty rubbish solution no matter what the vendors tell you.
With those amd processors, and 100gb of Ram you may well get 50 windows 7 desktops with 2gb each
But they may not run very fast as windows 7 usually does better with 4GB of RAM. Also you will need to load up with disks, probably at least 16 spindles. And 1 gb bbwc.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene