Silicon Graphics is betting big on Intel's latest Xeon E5-4600 processor and its own revved up NUMAlink 6 shared memory interconnect, creating a "big brain computer" that can gang up to 4,096 cores into a single system image to run massive Linux workloads and fairly large Windows jobs, too. The new UV 2 is exactly the kind of …
Big Iron goodness
Mmm mmm mmm.
Seeing how our shiny new 64-core machine is chugging through HUGE image data, a 4096 core shared memory device would be a dream come true!
Top shelf stuff...
This is porn for geeks! It should clearly come with a warning label and definitely be placed on the top shelf.. Excuse me while I visit the a dark corner of my server room..
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip