Silicon Graphics is betting big on Intel's latest Xeon E5-4600 processor and its own revved up NUMAlink 6 shared memory interconnect, creating a "big brain computer" that can gang up to 4,096 cores into a single system image to run massive Linux workloads and fairly large Windows jobs, too. The new UV 2 is exactly the kind of …
Big Iron goodness
Mmm mmm mmm.
Seeing how our shiny new 64-core machine is chugging through HUGE image data, a 4096 core shared memory device would be a dream come true!
Top shelf stuff...
This is porn for geeks! It should clearly come with a warning label and definitely be placed on the top shelf.. Excuse me while I visit the a dark corner of my server room..
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers