Silicon Graphics is betting big on Intel's latest Xeon E5-4600 processor and its own revved up NUMAlink 6 shared memory interconnect, creating a "big brain computer" that can gang up to 4,096 cores into a single system image to run massive Linux workloads and fairly large Windows jobs, too. The new UV 2 is exactly the kind of …
Big Iron goodness
Mmm mmm mmm.
Seeing how our shiny new 64-core machine is chugging through HUGE image data, a 4096 core shared memory device would be a dream come true!
Top shelf stuff...
This is porn for geeks! It should clearly come with a warning label and definitely be placed on the top shelf.. Excuse me while I visit the a dark corner of my server room..
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way