The Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative – VLSCI to its friends – is close to opening up its BlueGene/Q powerhouse for user jobs. The system passed its acceptance testing over the weekend of June 18, and is expected to be in full production in a matter of weeks, the organisation’s CEO Peter Taylor has told The Register …
Cray XMP = Sub Zero.
Re: Seriously Uncool
It's just a Cray 1 with different colour plastic, as was the YMP, and the T3D was just pure ugly.
My blackberry has more power than an 82 Cray1.
Which makes me wonder, what power my blackberry will have in 30 years time.
What are the pink globby things?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers