Both Intel and Google started the week in acquisitive modes, with the former announcing a massive $375m patent deal with InterDigital, and the latter acquiring over 50 patents from Magnolia Broadband for an unspecified amount. It appears that the mobile-broadband patent wars are not only continuing to churn the tech world, they' …
"We're suing you!"
"Yeah but, we just bought the patent, so now we're suing you."
I used to just not like software and method patents.
Now I'm wondering if the entire patent system needs to be torn up. Not replaced, just torn up.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star