Despite advances in other kinds of storage, hard drives are the backbone of the vast majority of desktops and notebooks. And they are still the most cost-effective way of adding extra storage capacity to an older machine. They are cheap to buy, easy to use and remarkably robust in service. Typical warranties run from three to …
That was interesting as I always plug mine into the USB 2 port and don't bother using the dock wotsit that came with it !! I will from now on.
Thanks for that tip !!
Hard drives cheap? where? They are still move expensive than they where last year, I got a 500 Seagate drive for £36 last April, still can't match that today 22/06/12 :(
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone