Despite advances in other kinds of storage, hard drives are the backbone of the vast majority of desktops and notebooks. And they are still the most cost-effective way of adding extra storage capacity to an older machine. They are cheap to buy, easy to use and remarkably robust in service. Typical warranties run from three to …
That was interesting as I always plug mine into the USB 2 port and don't bother using the dock wotsit that came with it !! I will from now on.
Thanks for that tip !!
Hard drives cheap? where? They are still move expensive than they where last year, I got a 500 Seagate drive for £36 last April, still can't match that today 22/06/12 :(
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip