Swinburne University has brought a new 120 teraflop GPU-based supercomputer from SGI to help cope with astronomers' ever-increasing need for lots of computing power. The 636 Intel GPU, 121 NVIDIA GPU, quad-InfiniBand machine, gSTAR, is one of just six similar grunt-boxes in Australia. The power boost over Swinburne’s previous …
Their real goal is to play fully maxed out Crysis 1 on 120 fps.
<quickly scurries off>
IVEC in Melbourne...?
Did IVEC get moved to Melbourne recently? That would require a large fork lift and truck.
IVEC is in Western Australia.... silly sausages.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- Vulture at the Wheel Renault Twingo: Small, sporty(ish), safe ... and it's a BACK-ENDER
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'