Reverse DNS services for subscribers to RIPE - the Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia - were disrupted yesterday for over three hours. Some users were still experiencing outages this morning. Used to check domain names in email receiver fields, reverse DNS checks are a helpful way …
Didn't even notice, but I do have a couple of reverse lookup failures in my logs during that time now that I come to look. Looks like they were IP that were listed on spamhaus anyway, so the mail server just ignored them still.
Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list hit
The mail servers for both Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list have IP addresses that did not resolve during the outage
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR