Reverse DNS services for subscribers to RIPE - the Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia - were disrupted yesterday for over three hours. Some users were still experiencing outages this morning. Used to check domain names in email receiver fields, reverse DNS checks are a helpful way …
Didn't even notice, but I do have a couple of reverse lookup failures in my logs during that time now that I come to look. Looks like they were IP that were listed on spamhaus anyway, so the mail server just ignored them still.
Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list hit
The mail servers for both Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list have IP addresses that did not resolve during the outage
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE