Reverse DNS services for subscribers to RIPE - the Regional Internet Registry for Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia - were disrupted yesterday for over three hours. Some users were still experiencing outages this morning. Used to check domain names in email receiver fields, reverse DNS checks are a helpful way …
Didn't even notice, but I do have a couple of reverse lookup failures in my logs during that time now that I come to look. Looks like they were IP that were listed on spamhaus anyway, so the mail server just ignored them still.
Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list hit
The mail servers for both Netcraft and the Full Disclosure mailing list have IP addresses that did not resolve during the outage
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro