The folks at Government Procurement Services certainly seem to like to play it fast and loose with deadlines; there has been yet another slip in the schedule for the forthcoming £4bn IT Hardware & Services framework. As revealed by The Channel last week, GPS told suppliers whether they had provisionally made it onto the three- …
Of course there were lots of applications.....
.....what supplier wouldn't want a golden ticket to fleece the public sectors pot of gold for as much as they can.
There's a very good reason for the delay...
...they're going to take account of the findings of their open standards consultation.
"The process was much bigger than they [GPS] anticipated"
Shocked, I am! Shocked and horrified!
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them