The folks at Government Procurement Services certainly seem to like to play it fast and loose with deadlines; there has been yet another slip in the schedule for the forthcoming £4bn IT Hardware & Services framework. As revealed by The Channel last week, GPS told suppliers whether they had provisionally made it onto the three- …
Of course there were lots of applications.....
.....what supplier wouldn't want a golden ticket to fleece the public sectors pot of gold for as much as they can.
There's a very good reason for the delay...
...they're going to take account of the findings of their open standards consultation.
"The process was much bigger than they [GPS] anticipated"
Shocked, I am! Shocked and horrified!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court