Dell opens a data centre in Slough next month, to support the delivery of cloudy services to Europe. The doors open to European customers on August 31, so no pricing and little in the way of firm detail yet But the company has plenty to say about the introductory trial it is running in US and Canada for Dell Cloud. On offer …
Dosnt that make it?
Doesn't that make it a Sloughed then?
VMware is in...
...a clear and present danger as majority of the biggest clouds seem to be running on Xen (AWS, Rackspace, GoGrid, CloudStack, MS' Azure is being the only exception) and even OpenStack's two best options are Xen and KVM.
As a side note I think it's time for Dell to settle on one platform instead of trying to serve everyone and everything - at the Cloud Expo East they were heavily promoting Crowbar, their freely downloadable OpenStack package which is apparently a very active project at Dell (though dedicated resources still seem to be limited, as I heard only around 40-50 ppl working on it): http://content.dell.com/us/en/gen/d/cloud-computing/crowbar-software-framework
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor