Hortonworks, the company created a year ago from the spinout of the Yahoo! engineering team behind the open source MapReduce method of data munching known as Hadoop, is leading its first release to market by the nose. The Hortonworks Data Platform, as the company's distribution is known, is completely open source and is based on …
Register readers expect that any headline involving Yahoo! must have a gratuitous exclamation mark after every word.
Yahoo! Spinout! Rolls! Up! First! Hadoop! Stack!
Re: Headline! Wrong!
Damn! You! Beat! Me! To! it!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs