Feeds

back to article New ID leak from Global Payments

Credit and debit card processor Global Payments has warned that additional confidential information on its servers may have been compromised in the hacking attack earlier this year that saw around 1.5 million credit card details snatched. In a press call, company CEO Paul Garcia said that subsequent investigations internally and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

It just keeps giving and giving, when will it stop?

Not while the Internet exists..... There is no end to data breaches.

Anonymous Coward

"bad guys"

I guessing that a banker toke the data :-)

Anonymous Coward

recidivism?

Does anyone have stats on repeat (being hacked) offenders? Is going with a processor who hasn't been hacked better than signing with one that has (supposedly) recovered from a hack?

Posting anonymously for anonymous reasons.

Silver badge

Re: recidivism?

IF you can find someone who was hacked and has correctly rectified the problem I think that would be the best option. Problem is in the correctly rectified bit, and knowing it. I don't trust the 'haven't publicized that they've been hacked' list is equal to the 'haven't been hacked yet list.' I knew a guy who wound up with a compromised bank account. As near as he was able to figure, it was hacked from the bank side. Spent about six months with the bank trying to "fix the problem" before they finally issued him a new account and debit card. Full value for everything and no reports to the police because they didn't want to get a bad rep. Moderately well known local chain on our side of the pond. Yeah, it was pre- Disclosure laws, but given what they were willing to do then, I'm not sure I trust them to follow it now.

So you're probably stuck picking one from the 'haven't publicized that they were hacked list' anyway.

Thumb Up

Visa Customer

I think you might find Global Payments was a customer of Visa, not the other way around...

Facepalm

This is in 'earlier stories' and it has only 5 posts.

Last week with a similar story I responded with a wet joke to the effect that I was bored with these reports and I received a few down-votes.

I've just come to this report and it's in 'earlier stories' with only 5 posts. Seems to me if people are not bored with the reports then they've come to accept the inevitability security vulnerabilities.

Sad day.

This topic is closed for new posts.