According to Lucas Searle, head of private cloud at Microsoft UK, as the cloud brings increased automation and more efficient delivery, it also shifts the IT focus away from just keeping the infrastructure going. Traditionally, comments Searle, IT departments are silo-based, and as a result their focus is on technology, product …
The word isn't important but the principle is crucial
It’s an overused word but does this not just come down to ‘dynamism’? Maybe you would prefer the word ‘agility’? Whichever word you use IT departments have to be able to change and supply apps which their customers want quickly. This is all the same thing as consumerization, the reason for shadow IT and goodness knows how many other buzzword led phenomena. The fact is that IT departments have to learn how to wing it! http://ow.ly/bwjKl
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR