Venture capital-funded startup Xsigo is looking to its latest Data Centre Fabric (DCF) version to become its killer product. The kit is aimed at bloated data centres, where it will remove network cable and adapter sprawl and channel I/O to servers running any of five hypervisors across a 56gig InfiniBand link. The idea is that …
Overstating it a little ...
"Prior to Xsigo, each server had direct-attached storage and ran a specific application"
Moving to shared storage and virtualising to run multiple applications on a server is something that can and is done regularly without software defined networking. This surely was something that happened to be done at the same time as xsigo was implemented not a directly result of xsigo and its capabilities.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Do you STRUGGLE with EMAIL? You need ANOTHER INBOX, says Google