If you didn't have much to do this afternoon and tuned into the much-pumped Oracle cloud announcement, you probably were left scratching your head about an hour and a half later if you stuck around (as El Reg is paid to do), wondering what, exactly, Oracle announced and why it took so long to do it. Oracle did not "round out" …
Different needs, different platforms.
> Funny how Oracle has not launched a section of its cloud based on its own Sparc machinery.
Isn't that a bit like covering the launch of a new Alfa sports car, and noting "Funny how Fiat hasn't launched a 2-seater based on it's own IVECO truck machinery" ?
Not the same market.
(PS It's SPARC™ in uppercase)
They still don't have cloud. They call what they have "cloud", but it fails to meet what clouds are on so many levels it hilarious.
Few years back, Oracle said cloud was a gimmick.
When nobody listened, and cloud became the driving force, Oracle apparently came out with.....a gimmick and called it "Cloud".
World's most expensive troll. One Rich Asshole Called Larry Ellison, indeed.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders