As the world readied to spent hours cyber-slacking to watch the Transit of Venus yesterday, a careless backhoe was being accused of sending NASA’s Alice Springs feed offline. The cable cut, 20 Km south of the Territorian town of Mataranka, knocked a large slab of the largely-empty state offline, including Alice Springs and …
Ahh The Herald Sun
Just days ago they reported on a supernova in another galaxy "240 light years" from Earth.
They also got the type of supernova wrong, but that error is (unfortunately) probably on the wrong side of obscure.
They (Big Media) wishes!
I think you'll find the technical term is spade fade
Funny how this explains why our WAN went dead to Alice Springs yesterday but Telstra was unable to tell me why..... Maybe Reg can keep me informed of other issues in my network..
someone call a pimp!
"As the world readied to spent hours cyber-slacking to watch the Transit of Venus yesterday, a careless backhoe was being accused of sending NASA’s Alice Springs feed offline."
sounds to me like someone needs to pimp slap someone back in line..
I can't believe that anybody doesn't know what IP stands for these days. At the very least it would take intelligence of at most simian level to figure out what the I means.
Paris because she would have figured it out.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops