A desperate need for consolidation in the New Zealand market is being driven by the government’s national broadband network initiatives and could see accelerated exits and/or acquisitions according to analysts Ovum. Commenting on the speculation over takeover talks between Vodafone New Zealand and TelstraClear, Ovum’s David …
"Telstra has a potential war chest of AUD$22 billion based on forecast NBN compensation."
Where did this figure originate from? I can't find a reference to it anywhere, $11bn seems to be what's being bandied about.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence