A desperate need for consolidation in the New Zealand market is being driven by the government’s national broadband network initiatives and could see accelerated exits and/or acquisitions according to analysts Ovum. Commenting on the speculation over takeover talks between Vodafone New Zealand and TelstraClear, Ovum’s David …
"Telstra has a potential war chest of AUD$22 billion based on forecast NBN compensation."
Where did this figure originate from? I can't find a reference to it anywhere, $11bn seems to be what's being bandied about.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?