back to article Reseller kingpin: My rise from school disco boss to FTSE 250 biz

It's a chilly night in December 1978, and inside Zhivago's nightclub in Southend, a bunch of pubescent disco divas are getting down to the sounds of Earth, Wind and Fire, amid the clink of Tizer bottles and the rustle of terylene slacks. Mike Norris This was the glamorous setting where Mike Norris, head boy at Eastwood High …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

False.

"... this is the equivalent to a business spending £11,867 on those three items. Something that even the most frivolous of government departments would baulk at."

Demonstrably false, as most Reg readers will tell you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: False.

Did you mean to imply most Reg readers work in or supplying to the government, or that most Reg readers are happy to make a sarcastic quip entirely unbased on fact?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Zhivago's nightclub in Southend"

classy

3. slogtma
    Happy

Eastwood boy done good

This story is really interesting to me- I come from Eastwood and went to UEA too. To be honest its pretty inspiring to show that someone with Dyslexia can get to the top.

1. JDX Gold badge

Re: Eastwood boy done good

Branson is also dyslexic.

1. geekclick
        Thumb Up

As was Einstien apparently!

1. geekclick
          FAIL

or rather Einstein was....

I happen to be dyslexic as well!

4. Colin Millar
    Mushroom

XR3i

Shiny stuff definitely made better noises in them days.

Eat my fumes.

5. Syed

Really?

"...and one of my lecturers in computing Trevor Wood Taylor tapped me on the shoulder and said, 'What are you doing going forward?"

GOING FORWARD? Really? He really said that? Back in 1980-something?

1. Don Jefe

Re: Really?

Sure. Most business speak has been around for a long time & just gets recycled. Its working dmarter not harder (haha)

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Skippyman
    Thumb Up

Who was the Head?

I was at Eastwood High in the early 1980's, so who was the head teacher, was it Skinner OBE??? evil bugger, along with both deputies. Even went to zhivago's but for me you could not beat Zero 6 and Ian Reading over the airport.

For the life of me i can't remember this guy, although Mr White IT teacher, and the RM 380z's got me started in the trade!!

Paul Wise was the top "stiff" when it came to computing where are you know my son??

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fnarr...

Head boy...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shame CC isnt the company it used to be...

Moving everything to South Africa and royally rodgering the staff at any given oppurtunity and the management is a joke! Glad I'm not there anymore..... Norris isn't the hero the trade makes him out to be either, all of his "emails to the staff" are about him playing golf....

This topic is closed for new posts.