Shaun Fanning and Sean Parker have reunited to launch Airtime, a videoconferencing system that links in with Facebook to hopefully eliminate one handed users. Airtime is an application designed to work with Facebook users to let people videoconference with people who share similar interests. At a star-studded launch in New York …
Someone got "Serendipity" on their word a day calendar.
They're reinvented MPlayer
When not playing Red Alert or Quake II on it, I used to love jamming and playing music with people around the world in the music communities on there - it was like one big Open Mic venue... even though everyone in the rooms could talk at the same time and no-one knew each other, it really worked very well.
This Airtime thing sounds like they have their heart in the right place - linking people with the same interest is the key - looking forward to trying it out...
We can't think of anything original and new
Whatever will we do?
Let's create something redundant and tie it to Facebook so hopefully Suckerberg will buy us.
Talk to people on the subway?
"to hopefully eliminate one handed users"
I guess that's what the moderators are for...
Read on the BBC that "Sean Parker's Airtime video chat service suffers glitchy launch" so thought I'd pop over here to get El Reg's hilarious take on the less than slick lauch and....nothing!
You lot got shares in this venture or did the BBC over egg the pudding?
sed 's/lauch/launch/' - first coffee not kicked in yet!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination