Everybody wants to get a piece of the Hadoop elephant in the room, and luckily for Hewlett-Packard the mad scramble to make sense of big data is just at the beginning of its hype cycle and there's time enough to get some choice cuts. Hadoop Elephant As part of its Discover customer and partner extravaganza in Las Vegas this …
Why do you need Vertica and Autonomy?
I get the Hadoop in a box concept, although I kind of thought the whole idea was scaling out across commodity servers and not up. I sort of get why you might want IDOL if you have a bunch of unstructured stuff and you want to run analytics on it. What is the purpose of Vertica in this system? What is a use case example where all three, Hadoop, IDOL and Vertica, are required?
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp