Everybody wants to get a piece of the Hadoop elephant in the room, and luckily for Hewlett-Packard the mad scramble to make sense of big data is just at the beginning of its hype cycle and there's time enough to get some choice cuts. Hadoop Elephant As part of its Discover customer and partner extravaganza in Las Vegas this …
Why do you need Vertica and Autonomy?
I get the Hadoop in a box concept, although I kind of thought the whole idea was scaling out across commodity servers and not up. I sort of get why you might want IDOL if you have a bunch of unstructured stuff and you want to run analytics on it. What is the purpose of Vertica in this system? What is a use case example where all three, Hadoop, IDOL and Vertica, are required?
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball