Google has renamed its developers groups and says, through SpokesGooglers on both sides of the Pacific, that it has no particular reason for the change. But the Chocolate Factory has let it be known that the old name, Google Technology User Groups (GTUGs), appealed to average non-coding punters. “We’ve gotten lots of feedback …
We’ve gotten lots of feedback from ....
Excuse me!! Are Google pretending that they pay any attention to "feedback" or, gog forbid, users??
I'm old enough to remember when GDG stood for Generation Data Group.
Can TLAs be copyrighted and/or a trademark? I so, expect a letter from IBM.
I was momentarily confused as to what sort of punters they were referring to....
Is it me or does the logo look like some electricity board's attempt to redefine itself?
It's the logo
for the 2020 Olypmics.
Which will be hosted in the country of Google (said country to be purchased and establised some time around 2015).
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015