Dell's storage sales are down, reflecting lost EMC storage revenues and selling issues. Aaron Rakers, a Dell-tracking financial analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, has looked at Dell's quarterly 10-Q statement to the SEC and uncovered a drooping sales trajectory in storage. Dell's storage revenue for its latest quarter was $444 million …
Nobody holds a grudge like EMC. The steep price cuts with VNX where as much to punish Dell as it was the start of the market share grab from NetApp.
Dell should have watched what happened with HP's storage portfolio divergence and learned that lesson.
Yeah, because whilst Compellent's numbers are creeping up, 3PAR has grown triple digits for 6 consecutive quarters! There probably is a valuable lesson there ... 3PAR was Dell's first choice for a reason!
How about a graph?
"Dell storage sales drooping while others thrust up"
I would like to see a market share graph!
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone