Dell's storage sales are down, reflecting lost EMC storage revenues and selling issues. Aaron Rakers, a Dell-tracking financial analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, has looked at Dell's quarterly 10-Q statement to the SEC and uncovered a drooping sales trajectory in storage. Dell's storage revenue for its latest quarter was $444 million …
Nobody holds a grudge like EMC. The steep price cuts with VNX where as much to punish Dell as it was the start of the market share grab from NetApp.
Dell should have watched what happened with HP's storage portfolio divergence and learned that lesson.
Yeah, because whilst Compellent's numbers are creeping up, 3PAR has grown triple digits for 6 consecutive quarters! There probably is a valuable lesson there ... 3PAR was Dell's first choice for a reason!
How about a graph?
"Dell storage sales drooping while others thrust up"
I would like to see a market share graph!
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- HTML5 vs native: Harry Coder and the mudblood mobile app princes