In advance of the Cloud Expo in New York next week, commercial Hadoop distributor Cloudera got the jump on its rivals HortonWorks and MapR Technologies by kicking out a new release of its Cloudera Distribution for Apache Hadoop – CDH for short – and the related Cloudera Manager tool for making the Hadoop elephant, er, stand on a …
CDH4 is based on Apache Hadoop 2.0.0 alpha, it also includes a number of enhancements and fixes above and beyond that release that will be available in subsequent Hadoop 2.x releases. Hadoop 2.0 was formerly known as Hadoop 0.23, and the CDH4 beta releases were based on Hadoop 0.23, but CDH4.0 (GA) is not. Thanks, Eli
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2