In advance of the Cloud Expo in New York next week, commercial Hadoop distributor Cloudera got the jump on its rivals HortonWorks and MapR Technologies by kicking out a new release of its Cloudera Distribution for Apache Hadoop – CDH for short – and the related Cloudera Manager tool for making the Hadoop elephant, er, stand on a …
CDH4 is based on Apache Hadoop 2.0.0 alpha, it also includes a number of enhancements and fixes above and beyond that release that will be available in subsequent Hadoop 2.x releases. Hadoop 2.0 was formerly known as Hadoop 0.23, and the CDH4 beta releases were based on Hadoop 0.23, but CDH4.0 (GA) is not. Thanks, Eli
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests