In advance of the Cloud Expo in New York next week, commercial Hadoop distributor Cloudera got the jump on its rivals HortonWorks and MapR Technologies by kicking out a new release of its Cloudera Distribution for Apache Hadoop – CDH for short – and the related Cloudera Manager tool for making the Hadoop elephant, er, stand on a …
CDH4 is based on Apache Hadoop 2.0.0 alpha, it also includes a number of enhancements and fixes above and beyond that release that will be available in subsequent Hadoop 2.x releases. Hadoop 2.0 was formerly known as Hadoop 0.23, and the CDH4 beta releases were based on Hadoop 0.23, but CDH4.0 (GA) is not. Thanks, Eli
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity