IBM has at last added compression to its Storwize V7000 product and made a raft of storage announcements at its EDGE event in Florida today. The overall aims are to increase storage efficiency and simplify management so that customers can store and manage more data. It has branded these storage initiatives Smarter Storage, tying …
IBM SVC does not perform deduplication
It is the IBM ProtecTIER products that perform deduplication. But the SVC can perform replication.
nice... but how do they get to 80%?
> For the V7000 it can shrink data by up to 80 per cent, effectively increasing capacity fivefold.
Ok... tell me something. How are they getting to 80% ? Are they using VMDKs and backup (or are we talking about 100 billion repetition of '01' ... )? Can we get some facts please -- also how much is because of deduplication versus compression ?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests