IBM has at last added compression to its Storwize V7000 product and made a raft of storage announcements at its EDGE event in Florida today. The overall aims are to increase storage efficiency and simplify management so that customers can store and manage more data. It has branded these storage initiatives Smarter Storage, tying …
IBM SVC does not perform deduplication
It is the IBM ProtecTIER products that perform deduplication. But the SVC can perform replication.
nice... but how do they get to 80%?
> For the V7000 it can shrink data by up to 80 per cent, effectively increasing capacity fivefold.
Ok... tell me something. How are they getting to 80% ? Are they using VMDKs and backup (or are we talking about 100 billion repetition of '01' ... )? Can we get some facts please -- also how much is because of deduplication versus compression ?
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan