IBM has at last added compression to its Storwize V7000 product and made a raft of storage announcements at its EDGE event in Florida today. The overall aims are to increase storage efficiency and simplify management so that customers can store and manage more data. It has branded these storage initiatives Smarter Storage, tying …
IBM SVC does not perform deduplication
It is the IBM ProtecTIER products that perform deduplication. But the SVC can perform replication.
nice... but how do they get to 80%?
> For the V7000 it can shrink data by up to 80 per cent, effectively increasing capacity fivefold.
Ok... tell me something. How are they getting to 80% ? Are they using VMDKs and backup (or are we talking about 100 billion repetition of '01' ... )? Can we get some facts please -- also how much is because of deduplication versus compression ?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month