Chip giant Intel has hogged all of the headlines lately in the server racket lately, and Advanced Micro Devices this morning is trying to get a word in edge-wise with some clock speed bumps on its "Bulldozer" family of processors for server with one, two, or four sockets. Don't get too excited, though. This is not a rev on the …
If it's Free, it's for me!
100 MHz. bump isn't a big deal. Piledriver based Opterons will offer more performance when released in Q4.
is coming. Nice to see competition in the cpu arena:
-SPARC64 X; Fujitsu’s new generation 16 core processor for the next generation UNIX servers
-16-core SPARC T5 CMT Processor with glueless 1-hop scaling to 8-sockets
Yup. Wrote it up here earlier this week:
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR