Chip giant Intel has hogged all of the headlines lately in the server racket lately, and Advanced Micro Devices this morning is trying to get a word in edge-wise with some clock speed bumps on its "Bulldozer" family of processors for server with one, two, or four sockets. Don't get too excited, though. This is not a rev on the …
If it's Free, it's for me!
100 MHz. bump isn't a big deal. Piledriver based Opterons will offer more performance when released in Q4.
is coming. Nice to see competition in the cpu arena:
-SPARC64 X; Fujitsu’s new generation 16 core processor for the next generation UNIX servers
-16-core SPARC T5 CMT Processor with glueless 1-hop scaling to 8-sockets
Yup. Wrote it up here earlier this week:
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests