Chip giant Intel has hogged all of the headlines lately in the server racket lately, and Advanced Micro Devices this morning is trying to get a word in edge-wise with some clock speed bumps on its "Bulldozer" family of processors for server with one, two, or four sockets. Don't get too excited, though. This is not a rev on the …
If it's Free, it's for me!
100 MHz. bump isn't a big deal. Piledriver based Opterons will offer more performance when released in Q4.
is coming. Nice to see competition in the cpu arena:
-SPARC64 X; Fujitsu’s new generation 16 core processor for the next generation UNIX servers
-16-core SPARC T5 CMT Processor with glueless 1-hop scaling to 8-sockets
Yup. Wrote it up here earlier this week:
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account