Chip giant Intel has hogged all of the headlines lately in the server racket lately, and Advanced Micro Devices this morning is trying to get a word in edge-wise with some clock speed bumps on its "Bulldozer" family of processors for server with one, two, or four sockets. Don't get too excited, though. This is not a rev on the …
If it's Free, it's for me!
100 MHz. bump isn't a big deal. Piledriver based Opterons will offer more performance when released in Q4.
is coming. Nice to see competition in the cpu arena:
-SPARC64 X; Fujitsu’s new generation 16 core processor for the next generation UNIX servers
-16-core SPARC T5 CMT Processor with glueless 1-hop scaling to 8-sockets
Yup. Wrote it up here earlier this week:
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders