The majority of procurement cost savings in the Home Office for the third quarter of 2011-12 came from ICT, according to its permanent secretary Dame Helen Ghosh. According to a report by the Home Affairs committee, Ghosh said that the £24.2m came in particular from the purchase of hardware, software and ongoing support. The …
"savings on new goods and service requirements generated through effective negotiations with suppliers."
Buyer: Quote me for 5 USB mice please
Seller: £5000 + VAT, £500 delivery charge
Buyer: Bit pricey! Recession blah blah...
Seller: Ok then £2500 for the mice and I'll throw in delivery.
Buyer: Woohoo! I'll tell my Boss we can add £3K to our procurement savings total. Hmm... wonder if I can renegotiate that £30k blank CD deal.
I wish I could use the joke icon, I really do.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan