The majority of procurement cost savings in the Home Office for the third quarter of 2011-12 came from ICT, according to its permanent secretary Dame Helen Ghosh. According to a report by the Home Affairs committee, Ghosh said that the £24.2m came in particular from the purchase of hardware, software and ongoing support. The …
"savings on new goods and service requirements generated through effective negotiations with suppliers."
Buyer: Quote me for 5 USB mice please
Seller: £5000 + VAT, £500 delivery charge
Buyer: Bit pricey! Recession blah blah...
Seller: Ok then £2500 for the mice and I'll throw in delivery.
Buyer: Woohoo! I'll tell my Boss we can add £3K to our procurement savings total. Hmm... wonder if I can renegotiate that £30k blank CD deal.
I wish I could use the joke icon, I really do.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide