Are you ready to get your applications into the private cloud? If you understand the difference between virtualising something and making it part of a broader environment, then you are on your way. If you have explored the business value of each application to see if it makes sense, you are further still. But now comes the heavy …
To migrate or not migrate?
It’s great to see an article talking about how to actually migrate applications to the cloud. There are clearly many issues to consider in migrating an application to the cloud and for many businesses and their applications these will be well worth going through in order to make the migration work. Is there however an argument that says (and this may well have been referred to in the third sentence of the article so apologies Danny) that the first assessment might be to decide if the application as it is worth keeping? If the app doesn’t work as well as you would like it might be simpler to develop/purchase a new application which is cloud ready from the get go and get a better product into the bargain. http://ow.ly/bf2wU
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen