Nutanix's Complete Cluster product collapses separate compute and storage into a single hybrid flash-and-disk box that can scale out to a cluster of a 1,000 plus nodes. Nutanix says it is SAN storage without the SAN and NFS without the "N". We say it's a compute+storage cluster-box aimed squarely at the heart of every converged …
Sounds pretty cool . . .
. . . but how does it integrate with existing VMware clusters? If I chuck it into an environment with an existing infrastructure, how will they interoperate? I'm guessing that one has to use storage vMotion to move VMs from one environment to the other, effectively creating a silo of Nutanix resources.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why