Feeds

back to article Dot-word bidders in last-minute dash after ICANN reveals timetable

Domain name policy overseer ICANN has put an end to weeks of speculation by revealing a new timetable for the roll-out of its controversial new top-level domains programme. As many as 2,300 applications for dot-whatever gTLDs are expected to flood in before the organisation closes its TLD Application System (TAS) at a minute …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Facepalm

Order of application

Crazy idea, but why not allocate in the order the applications where completed where no "reasonable" conflict exists.

In the case of reasonable conflicting arguments, it's going to go to arbitration anyway.

We've been allocating limited resources that way for quite some time. Plus it'll help minimise the inevitable last minute rush that will take down their site.

Re: Order of application

That would mean an inevitable first-minute rush instead.

Which would result in badly-written applications to get a headstart on everyone else.

Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: Order of application

That would mean an inevitable first-minute rush instead.

Not without time travel -- the first minute was almost six months ago. And with the last minute almost here, there wouldn't be much point of a rush now, would there?

Stop

Oh no...

My application for .shite isn't back from the lawyers where it's being proof read until tomorrow!

JDX
Gold badge

So soon we'll be visiting the.register?

Silver badge

Has anyone applied for

.gullible yet?

Gold badge
Paris Hilton

Re: Has anyone applied for

Did you know the word gullible isn't in the Oxford English Dictionary?

A friend of mine told me that the other day. I was most surprised.

Silver badge
Devil

I wonder

if I can register "fuckedcompany" and then get preemptive registrations pouring in.

At one time, ICANN was worth respecting

And I think you can guess my opinion of what they are doing now...

This topic is closed for new posts.