back to article Who needs Spotify? Samsung launches Music Hub

Samsung is giving its music service a major overhaul. While the new global No 1 phone manufacturer also has the hottest handset brand after Apple – in the shape of the Galaxy - its own music offerings have been a bit of an afterthought. To remedy this, the Korean giant has decided to shun over-the-top brands such as Spotify and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Save £180 on a replacement?

Not ideal for everyone but for me at the moment mmm.

Long serving trusty iPod classic has just died (sixth gen bought around time of release) and if this was available on my Galaxy Ace I would be straight on it. With song matching I shouldn't have to do a lot of uploads. Seriously doubt they would release it for piece of crap like my phone though.

On the other hand can't hurt things if this did develop into a bit of competition for iTunes.

Anonymous Coward

As so it was written that this was to become serious competition to iTunes......

Sorry can't go on, laughing tooooooo much.

g e
Silver badge
WTF?

Two years ago

You'd have laffed your ass of at the suggestion Samsung would become a serious phone competitor to apple.

Not laughing so much at that one now, eh?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Two years ago

Didn't realise they were a competitor or are you referring to that handbag phone the S3?

please tell me

that £/$ value is a typo, or is the practice of international corps ripping off the UK reaching ever more ridiculous heights?

Anonymous Coward

But...

Are the royalties that Samsung will pay per stream as laughably poor as what Spotify pays?

Silver badge

But I want commoditised bit pipes. How about having a network that works if you want me to sign up with you.

And for the black box shifters, you just need to make the best black box.

I don't want another ituns trying to lock me into one make of device, or service provider.

Bronze badge
FAIL

ø (No Service)

This is great. I've always wanted to replace my reliable 32GB SD card with intermittent playback from an overloaded cell tower while paying a monthly fee.

Silver badge
FAIL

"The question is: why would anyone want to trust something so valuable to a network operator or handset manufacturer?"

Indeed. Especially seeing as I don't want anything tying me to my network operator or handset manufacturer beyond the up-to-two-year phone contract.

If I had to choose only one operator's services or only one manufacturer's handsets when it came to phone replacement time because I was stupid enough to pick a service locked to that network/brand I would be seriously annoyed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums