Yahoo! Livestand has become a casualty of the Scott Thompson CV row, with new boss Ross Levinsohn killing off the company’s iPad “personal magazine” app. When it was launched, the mishmash application was supposed showcase Yahoo!’s C.O.R.E. (content optimization relevance engine) to assemble a user-preference-based newsreader …
I would compare yahoo to a tyre with a slow leak, keep pumping it up but eventually it will run out of air and need replacing.
So basically right now Yahoo! are going through the classic stages of nwe leadership right while its ship is sinkig
The classic stages being. "rip up a load of projects the last boss started"
That'll be followed by "mass layoffs" as they realise they've wasted a load of money researching projects now stopped.
This will be followed by "an amazing announcement" normally one or two of the cancelled projects brought back with a new team and descriptions to make it sound original
Of course this'll be over a 2 year period of no revenue, after which yahoo will die because they only spent and didn't cash in.
Directionless company is directionless.
Seriously, It's like watching a dog chase after multiple toys in a yard. Pick a direction and stand by it. Yahoo has what seems to be the equivalent of bi-polar disorder. They seem have a manic stage and then a depression stage where they just give up. >.>
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...