Dell could be looking to buy Quest Software, according to reports. Bloomberg cites informed sources and says Dell tried to buy Quest when the software company agreed in March this year to go private and be bought by InSight Venture Partners for around $2bn. That transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of this year …
"Dell could be looking to buy Quest Software, according to reports."
A bunch of Quest users could be looking for replacements, according to reports.
Perhaps Dell could..
... being some consistency accross the Quest products. They have a lot of potential, but all suffer from lack of finesse.
Re: Perhaps Dell could..
If there is one thing Dell is known for, it is finesse.
Live and die by toad.
Unfortunately no matter how good the rest of the product line they are just living off the reputation of toad. The software that launched a million oracle dba's and another million users that shouldn't have access.
2bn acquisition on 2.7m profit says it all.
> Quest reported revenues of $182.2m in the first three months of this year, with profits of $2.7m
Geez, hardware makers make better profits than that !
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap