back to article Police cuff hundreds in £7.3 MILLION phone scam

Police across South East Asia have swooped on an international telephone fraud gang, arresting over 480 people in eight countries after an investigation lasting six months. The alleged gang members, most of whom are Chinese and Taiwanese, are suspected of conning their victims out of 73 million yuan (£7.3m), according to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Unhappy

They are quick to arrest those who do it to China, but about all the stuff they do to us, or is it really state sponsored? Call me a cynic.

1. Steve 26

You're a cynic.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. ItsNotMe
    Coat

Re: "...amid suspicions of high-level Police corruption."

Surely you are mistaken. Couldn't possibly happen in China. The government is all knowing...all seeing. And yes... I WILL call you Shirley...so get over it.

Mine's the one with the phone ringing in the pocket...excuse me while I take that call.

4. mhenriday
    Big Brother

Good to hear about «high-level police corruption» in China, Phil

- that sort of thing would never happen in, say, the UK, now would it (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/01/phone-hacking-leveson-police_n_1312689.html) ? Wonder if these suspects will be sent to that fine little democracy and gallant ally, Bahrain, to serve as advisórs to the Filth there ?..

Henri

1. elderlybloke
      Holmes

Re: Good to hear about «high-level police corruption» in China, Phil

mheniday,

Why are you all bitter and twisted about the Police.

I understand your language because I occasionally watch "The Bill".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like