Feeds

back to article Belkin YourType Folio

There’s no shortage of iPad keyboard cases to choose from, but this one from Belkin, designed for the new iPad, has a neat trick up its sleeve: the keyboard is detachable, held in place by Velcro. Belkin YourType Folio That might not sound like a big deal, but it allows you to vary both the angle of the iPad’s screen and the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Meh

what are the keys made of?

glass scratchiing easy typing hardness

glass friendly nasty typing softness

convertible

I've got a really expensive open-top Mercedes*. (that has a massive fuel tank)

It's very rarely sunny here, therefore I have a rigid plastic roof that came from Halfords. It wasn't very cheap. It clips on top of the Merc, making it a bit like driving a rattly 2-seat saloon-car, but one that is more cramped inside than if I'd just gone and bought a normal car.

It's cool though, because underneath there's my really expensive Merc, and I make sure everyone knows it, and for 2 days of the year I take the roof off to prove the point of it being open-topped. I keep a raincoat in the boot just in case.

*(I haven't. this is figurative.)

Silver badge

Cloth

A piece of cloth over the keys?

Some Dell Laptops circa 2002 had an issue with some keys eventually marking the LCD.

A Belkin product that might be worth getting? What a novelty. Maybe eventually a Mac Air will be like this?

Only £80 extra to turn an iPad into something useful? Like a notebook that costs less than half the money and is vastly more capable.

Can't see any fanbois buying it, it's just not overpriced enough. Or Shiny™ enough. And it's practical. Doomed I tell you, doomed.

FAIL

Fantabulous

1. Buy an etch-a-sketch from the Rotten Apple

2. Then connect up a dodgy, wobbly keyboard that would shame a laptop from Trotters Independent Traders.

= you have something almost as usable* as a cheapo laptop.

* usable that is, if you ignore the wobbling, case/keyboard combination that is wobbling about on your lap and is a pain in the arse to type on.

cd

Re: Fantabulous

3. Buy a proprietary connector just to be able to save your work to another drive.

Coat

Call a spade a spade

So this is basically a rescue deal for Apple-obsessed fashion victims...

"Bought one of those crappy laptops without a keyboard? Feel inferior no more!"

It's like buying a roof and doors for a quad bike.

This topic is closed for new posts.