There’s no shortage of iPad keyboard cases to choose from, but this one from Belkin, designed for the new iPad, has a neat trick up its sleeve: the keyboard is detachable, held in place by Velcro. Belkin YourType Folio That might not sound like a big deal, but it allows you to vary both the angle of the iPad’s screen and the …
what are the keys made of?
glass scratchiing easy typing hardness
glass friendly nasty typing softness
I've got a really expensive open-top Mercedes*. (that has a massive fuel tank)
It's very rarely sunny here, therefore I have a rigid plastic roof that came from Halfords. It wasn't very cheap. It clips on top of the Merc, making it a bit like driving a rattly 2-seat saloon-car, but one that is more cramped inside than if I'd just gone and bought a normal car.
It's cool though, because underneath there's my really expensive Merc, and I make sure everyone knows it, and for 2 days of the year I take the roof off to prove the point of it being open-topped. I keep a raincoat in the boot just in case.
*(I haven't. this is figurative.)
A piece of cloth over the keys?
Some Dell Laptops circa 2002 had an issue with some keys eventually marking the LCD.
A Belkin product that might be worth getting? What a novelty. Maybe eventually a Mac Air will be like this?
Only £80 extra to turn an iPad into something useful? Like a notebook that costs less than half the money and is vastly more capable.
Can't see any fanbois buying it, it's just not overpriced enough. Or Shiny™ enough. And it's practical. Doomed I tell you, doomed.
1. Buy an etch-a-sketch from the Rotten Apple
2. Then connect up a dodgy, wobbly keyboard that would shame a laptop from Trotters Independent Traders.
= you have something almost as usable* as a cheapo laptop.
* usable that is, if you ignore the wobbling, case/keyboard combination that is wobbling about on your lap and is a pain in the arse to type on.
3. Buy a proprietary connector just to be able to save your work to another drive.
Call a spade a spade
So this is basically a rescue deal for Apple-obsessed fashion victims...
"Bought one of those crappy laptops without a keyboard? Feel inferior no more!"
It's like buying a roof and doors for a quad bike.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS